Bass Lake Fishing Derby
May 4 & May 5, 2013
3 Grand Prize Fish Worth a total of $25,000
2 - $10,000 1 - $5,000
$55,000 BASS LAKE FISHING DERBY RULES
Thank you for your interest in the 2013 Bass Lake Fishing Derby. This year's Derby will be held on Saturday and Sunday, May 4 & May 5. The Derby will provide a lot of fun for the entire family and, hopefully, a lucky fisherman will catch all or one of the special grand prize fish. In addition there will be 150 trout worth $100 each and 849 trout worth $20 each. Bass Lake, one of the most picturesque lakes in California, is located one hour northeast of Fresno, just off Highway 41.
Good Luck to all.
1) All Derby Participants must have in their possession a valid California Fishing License. Children under the age of 16 are not required to have a license.
2) Registration fees are $25.00 per licensed adult, or $60.00 per family. Family registration is limited to husband and wife with maximum of (3) children under the age of 16.
3) The Bass Lake Fishing Derby Committee must have you officially registered for you to be eligible for any tagged fish.
4) A copy of your 2013 registration will not be returned to you. Verify your registration at the Derby Headquarters on Derby Day(s).
5) Participants must register by 9 AM, Saturday May 4, 2013 and pick up wristband at any of three Fishing Derby Headquarters: The Miller's Landing an Resort, The Forks Resort or Bass Lake Boat Rentals..
6) All fish must be caught under the guidelines of current California Fishing Regulations. No more than Three (3) tagged fish may be turned in by a single registered angler per day.
7) Fish must be captured alive, using standard hook and line and standard fishing techniques. No netting, shocking or explosive actions allowed (natural or man-made). 1 Independent witness are required for verification of the 3 large prized fish.
8) If less than $1000 is awarded in prize money during the Fishing Derby Weekend, the difference will be awarded on a random drawing of Fishing Derby Registrants.
9) Prize fish worth: (2)$10,000, (1)$5,000, (150) $100, (849) $20.
10) If the three grand prize fish are not caught during the Derby Weekend, it will be worth $500 through June 30, 2013.
11) All tagged fish must be brought to one of the Fishing Derby Headquarters as soon as possible on the day of the catch for verification. Derby Headquarters close at 9 PM Sunday, May 5, 2013. To qualify for prizes, participants must be registered and show proper identification.
12) Person catching the three grand prize fish will be paid by check according to insurance company policies. All other prizes will be awarded on the same day of the catch and void after May 5, 2013. Winning contestants may be asked to take and pass a lie detector test upon request to receive the payment payment on the grand prize fish, and furnish a social security number to the Bass Lake Chamber of Commerce upon request.
13) Derby Committee members will be on the lake day and night during the event. Anyone found violating Derby rules will be automatically disqualified from receiving any prize money.
14) A voluntary 5 MPH speed limit will be requested of all boaters on Derby weekend.
15) Registration in the Derby does NOT guarantee each Registrant will receive a Derby Cap.
16) No current or former employees, directors, officers, any employees directors, or officers, immediate family members, agents, successors, assignees of the sponsor/client, any promotional company, advertising agency, organization or company involved in any capacity are eligible.
17) NO refunds of registration fee after April 15, 2013 The Derby take place, regardless of weather conditions
18) Fishing lines can be in the water between 7 AM and 8 PM during the two days of the Derby
Bass Lake Fishing Derby
P.O. Box 126 Bass Lake California 93604 (559)642-3676
Reprinted from official rules
This event is run by the Bass Lake Chamber of Commerce